Welcome to part 8 of our shed build showing the LP SmartSide siding installation. In this video we are installing an engineered wood siding product that is pre-primed and ready to paint. This installation was very similar to sheathing the walls with OSB, except that a little more care needed to be taken with placement and nailing, and the panels had to be cut and fitted around the windows. Took a little time, but I think it came out pretty nice!
This will be a 12’x24′ wooden shed with a single slope metal roof and LP SmartSide siding.
I’ll try to summarize some of the construction stats/key points here:
– 12′ x 24′
– 4′ x 4′ treated skid foundation
– 2″ x 8″ joists @ 16″ OC
– 3/4″ plywood subfloor
– 2″ x 4″ construction with double top plates
– (3) 3′ x 2′ sliding windows
– DIY double door – 59” x 80”
– 1/2″ OSB sheathing
– House wrap
– LP SmartSide paneling
– 16′ x 27′
– 1.5-in-12 pitch (minimum recommended by metal roof mfr), single slope
– 2″ x 8″ rafters @ 24″ OC
– 1/2″ plywood sheathing, with sheathing clips
– Synthetic roofing paper
– 29 gauge galvalume metal roofing panels (3′ x 16′ each)
Please let me know down below if you have any questions or comments, and stop back to see everything go together. Thanks for watching!
* Check out our blog at https://midlifeprices.wordpress.com
* Find us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/midlifeprices/
* Check out Pam’s Facebook Art page at https://www.facebook.com/PamelaPriceArt/
* Check out Pam’s Etsy Shop at
* If interested in snail mail, we’re at:
Pam & Brian
PO Box 295
Saint David, AZ 85630
Song: Del – Tropical Love (Vlog No Copyright Music)
Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/k-4zY7Ri2Po
Outro – Fresh by MBB – https://soundcloud.com/mbbofficial