With the old shed demolished I needed to set about making a new floor and it had to be concrete, queue the time lapse!
Channel Page: https://goo.gl/tvVCvW
I decided on a concrete floor as I had 200kg of new tool chests to go in there without any tools in them and I didn’t want any flex in a wood floor. There was an existing concrete base but it wasn’t level so having never laid a brick before in my life I watched a few youtube videos and set to work. I bought a £10 set of trowels on ebay which were brilliant and used ready prepared bags of mortar, a little more expensive but gave me a consistent mix.
I laid the initial bricks to a string line and then went from there armed with a £10 ebay special one metre long spirit level.
I used engineering bricks as they only take in 7% moisture and are tough as anything, they resist frost damage very well and being flat faced it made it a bit easier to lay them.
Check out my other videos and subscribe to join our community.
Other videos in this series:
Part 1 – Overview and old shed: http://bit.ly/2xfLqNp
Part 2 – Extending the concrete base: http://bit.ly/2hjpIhR
My Video Cameras:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (used with Cinema FV-5 App)
Panasonic HC-V500M camcorder (can’t buy new now, brilliant lightweight little thing!).
Cheap £3 Ebay lavalier / lapel microphone (TRRS connection)